Lightweight soft edged collars with velcro end for puppies. Each pup wears a different color for identification. The collars come in packages of 15.
Lightweight with easily distinguished colors, identify your babies from birth to match with whelping records. I've tried different kinds of puppy collars and these are THE BEST. Some collars have exposed velcro and I have literally had puppies get stuck together and drag each other around, or get stuck to the furry blanket. Some collars have sharp edges that must be trimmed off. This doesn't happen with these collars. They are rounded at the ends and sides of collars are super soft to protect delicate skin.
Use these also to hang toys from the Early Development Puppy Gym or your X-Pen to keep toys out of the mess.
Newborn - 8" X 0.4" (20 cm X 1 cm) Suitable from birth to 4 weeks (small/medium size breeds). Suitable for toy breeds from birth to 8 weeks.
Medium - 12" X 0.4" (30 cm X 1 cm) Suitable for medium and smaller size breeds (4-8 weeks). Suitable for larger breeds from birth to 4 weeks.
Large - - 14" X 0.4" (35 cm X 1 cm) Suitable for larger breeds (4-8 weeks)
Extra Large - 16" X 0.4" (40 cm X 1 cm) Suitable for giant and longer haired breeds (4-8 weeks)
Extra Extra Large - 20" X 0.4" (50 cm X 1 cm) - Suitable for giant and longer haired breeds 8 weeks+
The bands need to be long enough to keep a secure attachment as the pups or kittens grow. A typical boxer, for example, will have a 10" neck at about 8 weeks of age.
If you aren’t sure about your breed size, you should order the larger bands to be sure your puppies don’t outgrow them before 8 weeks. The bands can be trimmed for tiny breeds.
15 spectacular colorfast colors:
(Colors shown above may not be exact matches to the rich colors of the collars.)
Helpful Hints for Best Results:
* The Collars should be wrapped straight around so that the velcro attaches to itself properly.
* The bands should be wrapped loosely, so that they can spin around. Wrapping too tight may cause skin irritation.
* The bands should be checked daily for growth adjustments.
* The bands should be kept free of lint, dirt, etc. This will help them to stay securely attached. The bands can be washed with mild soap and water if needed. Lay them out on a towel and use a toothbrush and safe soap and allow to dry.
* Corners of bands are pre-rounded to prevent any edges from corners rubbing puppies delicate skin.
* Not recommended for hairless breeds. According to the manufacturer, the Love Hearts design is more suitable for hairless or nearly hairness breeds.
* IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE: the bands should be checked often for growth or irritation. Adjust as needed. Puppies and kittens grow very quickly and snugly fit bands can become too small in a matter of hours.
DISCOUNT INFORMATION: The sets of Waggin Tailz 12 collars are on sale in the SALE DEPARTMENT until supplies are gone. They are a different design but still very nice. They have velcro on both sides.